If you have to chance to test it, give it a try. One of the most useful uses of arduino turning a common camera in a cinema tool.
I call it Intervaluino, and it does exactly what I want him to do: Tell my Canon EOS 400D to take pictures at regular intervals. Wanna build one yourself? Please follow me.
- 1 Arduino (I used the Diecimila model) -
- 3x 100 ohm resistors
- 1x 10k ohm resistor
- 2 x 5V reed relays (NO = normally open)
- 1 x push button of your choosing
- 1 x 2.5mm male stereo jack
- 1 x 80 x 50 mm strip board
(alternatively: bread board or Arduino protoshield)
- Assorted wires
- Arduino USB cable
- Arduino AC adapter OR Arduino 9V battery pack
- Basic electronic tools to cut and de-isolate wires and to solder components (if you use a strip board), maybe a multimeter to test connections
- A nice box
- 20 cm of thin steel cable (used as a loop to attach the Intervaluino to the tripod)