Arduino IDE 1.6.2 released and available for download
A new version of the Arduino IDE (1.6.2) is available at the download page!
The Arduino IDE 1.6.2 features new one click install of boards and libraries.
With 1.6.2, two new menu items are available: “Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries…” and “Tools > Board > Boards Manager…”
If you don’t find your preferred library in the list, let us know: open an issue on github and request us to add the library you love!
Having such tools allow us to better and easier deliver updates for both cores and libraries: just open Library Manager or Boards Manager to find an Update button on the updatable items.
IDE 1.6.2 also includes a handful of bug fixes and improvements, also thanks to our fantastic community of hackers and makers:
- Ever suffered of a super slow Tools menu? Solved! Ports list gets refreshed in background, so you won’t need to wait any more.
- We have dropped support for Mac OS X 10.6 or older: previous versions of the IDE will remain available for download at the previous releases page.
- A new EEPROM library, thanks to @Chris–A
- Pre and post build hooks, thanks to @Wackerbarth
- Various bug fixes, thanks to @Timmmm, @vicatcu, @arve0 and @Xuth
As usual, the complete list of fixes and credits is available here.
Session of work on 1.6.3 will start on Monday: we are now enjoying Arduino Day!