Arduino IDE 1.0.5 is released!
We’re happy to announce the release of a new version of the Arduino software, version 1.0.5. Barring any unexpected bugfixes, this is the final planned release of the 1.0 series of the IDE. Future releases will be from the 1.5 branch that has been in beta since last summer.
With that excitement out of the way, let’s get to the new features :
- New library import functionality to install libraries directly from a .zip file in the IDE. You can see more information about this on the installing 3rd party libraries page.
- A Windows installer, which will hopefully streamline the process of setting up the IDE and drivers.
- Windows signed drivers. This means Windows 8 will no longer prevent you from installing Arduino drivers.
- The application is signed for OSX 10.8 (this was part of 1.0.4, but we thought it was so nice it deserved another mention).
- Updated WiFi library with UDP support.
- Support for the Arduino Robot and TFT screen. The TFT library is based on a number of Adafruit libraries, and the Robot library relies on many 3rd party libraries.
- Various bugfixes and optimizations, look at the release notes for a complete description.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed on this release. You rock.
Future releases of the IDE will support multiple architectures (like the ARM used in the Due). There is also a new library and 3rd party board implementation being introduced. You can read more about these on the 1.5 library specification and 3rd party hardware support pages
You can download Arduino 1.0.5 from the software page.
May 19th, 2013 at 12:46:14
Cool! Thanks! The library import will make that process a lot less confusing. Anyone working on a debugger? As my C comes back to me, I might like to help with that.
Is there someone I can contact about problems with the forums? I can’t get the system to send me an activation email. Someone just asked some questions I know the answers to, but I can’t get in to help.
May 19th, 2013 at 15:48:04
I was curious if you ever considered changing the page layout of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of
content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 images.
Maybe you could space it out better?
June 5th, 2013 at 17:22:12
1.0.5 sucks, i have installed it on my win 7.
the usb driver is not working after installing the usb driver included in the package.