Love LoRa®? So do we! Meet Arduino’s WisGate LoRaWAN® gateways
Love LoRa®? Wish it were easier to design and implement complete solutions with LoRaWAN® connectivity? Now it is.
We’re happy to announce the launch of two new ready-to-use, industrial-grade gateways for LoRaWAN® connectivity for indoor and outdoor use, resulting from Arduino Pro’s partnership with RAKwireless™.
The WisGate Edge Lite 2 and WisGate Edge Pro ensure secure and reliable connectivity for a wide range of professional applications. They’re suitable for medium-sized to wide area coverage in industrial environments and remote regions. Smart cities and smart agriculture to logistics and building automation. The sky’s the limit!
The WisGate Edge Lite 2 offers deep coverage indoors, ideal for applications in multi-story buildings, and features an enclosure designed for efficient cooling with optional DIN rail mounting. The WisGate Edge Pro on the other hand, with its high transmission power and dual fiberglass antennas with 5dBi gain, is the perfect fit for IoT commercial outdoor deployment, and comes with a kit for on-pole and DIN-rail installation. In addition, the WisGate Edge Pro supports up to 16 LoRa® channels thanks to a Dual LoRaWAN® Concentrator, while the WisGate Edge Lite 2 provides eight channels.
The two gateways offer solid performance and our signature user-friendly approach. Designed to boost your innovation potential, they offer an intuitive user experience, easy setup and diagnostics, exhaustive tutorials and technical documentation for both the WisGate Edge Pro and the WisGate Edge Lite 2, and hassle-free mounting accessories.
These newest additions to our growing family of hardware products complement the MKR and Portenta SOM boards, the Arduino IoT Cloud platform and our other LoRa® components with the additional features you’ve been waiting for, to easily integrate one of the leading IoT access standards into your projects.
- Secure Ethernet, Wi-Fi or LTE connectivity
- High transmission power and dual fiberglass antennas with 5dBi gain (WisGate Edge Pro only)
- Choose the coverage you need: WisGate Edge Lite 2 for deep coverage in multi-story buildings, or WisGate Edge Pro for IoT commercial outdoor deployment
- Rapid setup and diagnostics, backup and data logging thanks to an SD card slot
- WisGateOS, powered by RAKwireless™, based on the fully customizable, open-source OpenWRT
- Ideal for implementing private networks directly connected to cloud platforms; compatible with public networks
- Limited cabling for installation thanks to POE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Comprehensive technical documentation by RAKwireless™
- Easy installation: WisGate Edge Lite 2 comes with an enclosure designed for efficient cooling and optional DIN rail mounting; WisGate Edge Pro includes an on-pole and DIN-rail installation kit
You can explore the tech specs more in detail on the Store for the WisGate Edge Lite 2 and WisGate Edge Pro. Or feel free to contact us at Arduino Pro for custom support.
If you plan on attending the LoRaWAN® Alliance World Expo in Paris (July 6-7, 2022), come visit us at RAKWireless™’s Booth 36A. Our team there will be showing the new gateways for the first time and will be happy to answer any questions.
In the meantime, take a closer look at the WisGate gateways right here on Arduino Pro.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in with your Arduino account to post a comment.