Arduino workshop at CIS – India
Here is a brief outline of the workshop:
– General introduction to microcontrollers and embedded systems
– Basic eletrical concepts, use of breadboard for prototyping circuits.
– Arduino “Hello,world”: build a blinking LED circuit
– Controlling more than one LED
– Using Pulse width modulation to control LED brightness
– Interfacing a seven segment display
– Using the arduino digital inputs: interfacing a mechanical switch
– Using the analog inputs: sensing light using an LDR
– Potentiometer interfacing
– Reading temperature
– A quick introduction to the Python programming language
– Serial port interfacing (Python will be used to write PC-side code)
- The second part of the workshop will be a demo. An Ez-Chronos sports watch which contains an accelerometer as well as a radio will be used to control an LED attached to the Arduino board.